Erik G. Schneider, Senior Investigator and Owner/Founder
Erik is a US Navy Gulf War Veteran and a technology expert. He has been in the legal industry for almost 20 years as a Private Investigator. He had a thriving practice in Colorado for much of that time focusing on Criminal Defense and Pre-Trial/Pre-Sentence Mitigation work.
Erik is aggressive when necessary and yet is an excellent listener and interviewer. He is able to parse complex fact patterns into logic-based workflows allowing him to focus on details which others may miss and that either support or dissemble the fact patterns. He provides high-quality reports and expert testimony which are powerful tools for Client Counsel or in the Courtroom.
Erik has honed his skills in hundreds of Criminal Defense matters both Felony and Misdemeanor from Vehicular Homicide to DUI, Sexual Assault to Larceny and many wide-ranging Criminal matters. During his tenor in Colorado Courts System, he had the honor of sitting at Counsel table as Advisory Witness helping to run Felony trials from the front line.
In Civil matters he has testified in State and Federal Courts as both standard witness and Expert witness dozens of times. These cases widely range from complex contract litigation to FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) violation suits. He is skilled at both taking or providing deposition. His organization and case management skills are vital to Counsel in preparing evidence and witnesses for trial.
His experience led him to be nominated by the Colorado State Senate to the Judicial Performance Review Board for a four-year term. The Board reviewed Judges performance and performed annual panel interviews to determine a Judges’ recommendation for retention on the bench.
Erik moved to Virginia in 2015 to take a position as Vice President of Risk Management for a 42-million-dollar corporation and managed a successful department of over 70 direct reports and also served on the Advisory Board to the CEO. This experience augmented his practical skills in investigation with Corporate Risk Management expertise. In 2019 he handed the turn-key department over to his successor to pursue his business.
In 2019 he opened EIC and within 18 months he successfully managed it to a Half-million dollar a year enterprise with over a dozen contract employees in the investigatory and Personal Protection departments.
Education and Experience
- Investigator 2002– Present
- Private Investigation – Emphasis on Criminal Investigation
- DUI / DUR / DUS
- Domestic Violence
- Sex Assault
- DMV hearing support / Investigation
- Skip trace / Process service / Surveillance
- Professional interaction with Law Enforcement and Court Staff
- Drafting and filing of legal paperwork and pleadings
- Litigation Support
- Trial preparation
- Advisory witness
- Witness preparation
- Initial client intake interview
- Mitigation Specialist
- Plea Arrangement
- PDL hearings
- Interviewing witnesses and other persons involved in criminal or civil investigation
- Recovery, organization, interpretation of court files and documents
- Trial notebooks
- Pleading/Trial notebooks
- DCJS Private Investigator Core Training
- Handgun Qualified
- Shotgun Qualified
- Advanced DUI investigation
- Modern Forensics – CLE
- CCDB Investigator Core Training
- University of Phoenix, Northglenn Colorado Campus
- Major in Business Management – GPA 3.4
- Minor area of Focus in Computer Business Systems
- Graduate K-2 Firearms training school
- NRA Basic Firearms Trainer Certified
- Completion of Class A schools – June 1990
- Honor Graduate
- Expert Pistol Qualified
- Expert Rifleman Qualified
- Shipboard Shotgun Qualified
- USN Shipboard Firefighting School
- Ships Fast Response Security Team Qualified
- Shipboard investigation, detention, and interview
- Shipboard Close Quarters Combat Qualified